Vegetable soup for winter!
In the heart of winter, there is nothing better than a hot cream soup with vegetables that will keep you warm and give you energy!
And let it snow...
For this winter vegetable soup the ingredients you will need are:
- 3 big potatoes cut in small cube pieces
- 2 carots sliced in pieces
-1 broccoli (around 500gr)
- juice of 1 big lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 scliced gloves of garlic
-2 sliced onions
- 1 cup of Virgilliant extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
* 1 cup is calculated for about 300ml
Step by step...
1. We turn on heat and put in a big pot 1/2 cup of olive oil, the sliced onions and garlic. We stir for a while until their color turn into caramel.
2. Then, we add around 3 cups of water and wait it until it starts to boil.
3. Then, we add the potatoes, carots and lemon zest.
4. We boil for about 15 minutes and the we add the broccoli (cut in pieces) and let boil for about 15-20 minutes.
5. When the vegetables are ready, we add the lemon juice and we use a cooking mixer in order to turn our soup into a creamy one.
6. Finally, we add yoghurt, salt and pepper then, the rest of olive oil.
-Do not boil the soup after adding the yoghurt and the rest of olive oil.
-Yoghurt will give to our soup a more creamy texture and will also offer plenty of lactic acid bacteria, which are a group of microorganisms very beneficial to our health.
-We suggest adding the half quantity of olive oil in the begining of the cooking procedure, in order to make it easier. We suggest you add the rest of it in the end, as in this way you will not destroy its vitamins and antioxidants!
Serve this winter vegetable soup with hot bread and enjoy!